Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mom

I wrote short story in Bella's class. If you have time and read my story, I'm become sooooo happy♥



Mom


The sky is dark today. I live in Cambodia now and I enjoy life here. My name is Mary. I’m 25 years old. My father died from cancer before I was born, so my mother brought me up by herself and I lived in Hawaii. My mother’s name is Cameron. I’m interested in about developing countries because when I was an elementary school student, I learned about Cambodia. First time, I thought these children were very poor and unhappy. However, it was misunderstanding. They are poor, to be sure, but they aren’t unhappy. Their face was looked like a sunflower. They had big bright smiles, so my dream is to go to Cambodia and I want to increase look more like those children.

“I hate you.” 10 years ago, I had a terrible quarrel with my mother about my dream. My mother was against my dream. I couldn’t understand why mom was against my dream, so I decided to run away from my home and go to Japan because my friend lived in Japan. However, I didn’t have enough money, so I pocketed my mother’s cash card, so I could stay at my friend’s apartment. My friend name is Marie. When I was an elementary school student, I met her. She was from the same school. She also doesn’t have father. Her father died in car accident, so we could understand each other. She is very kind. When I was in trouble, she always helped me and talked to me, so when I talked about my dream to her, she agrees with my dream.

 However, recently, she often says “I think your mother worries about you very much. You should contact your mother.” I don’t want to do that because I didn’t tell her where I live, so my mother doesn’t know where I live. I didn’t want her to know where I live.

Suddenly, Marie came to me. She had something with her.

 I asked her, ”What’s happening? What is this?”

 she said,” Letter! Letter!”

 “from who?” I asked. “ your mother!” she said. “ what?” I said.

 I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t know why she knew where I lived. I read the letter from my mother.

“Dear, Mary.

Finally, I found you. How are you doing? How is your life in Japan? I hope you enjoy staying in Japan. I have to confide the secret to you about your father. To tell the truth, your father didn’t die from cancer. After you were born, he worked at the army and he lived in Cambodia for helping poor children. However, one day, when he went to a market to buy his food, he was killed by someone, so when I heard you want to go to Cambodia, I was so surprised, so I was against your dream. However, I was fool. I want to support your dream, so I agree with your dream now.  Your dream is very good. I am proud that you are my children. Please take care of your health. I love you.

 From, Cameron”

After I finished reading it, I shed big tears. I couldn’t stop it. I regretted what I had said to her. I was such stupid a child.

Marie said,” Do you miss your mother? Do you want to meet her?”

 I said, “I don’t know. What should I do?”

“You should go back to Hawaii soon. Don’t you think so?” Marie said.

I said, “Yes. You are right. I want to meet her immediately!! Thank you Marie.”

The sky was clear. I came back to Hawaii. Before I came home, I was very nervous because I didn’t know what to say. However, it didn’t matter. When I met my mother, she hugged me tightly. I shed big tears again. I couldn’t have been happier.

I said, “I’m so sorry mom. I don’t hate you. I love you, mom.”

 My mother said, “I’m sorry, too, Mary. I love you, Mary.”

              I went back to university after that, and researched about Cambodia. I often stayed out late for research. However, my mother always waited for me, and supported me. I was bound to my mother by ties.

After ten years, I am working in Cambodia to help children now. I can hear children laughing. My dream came true. If I didn’t go back to Hawaii those days, I might still stay in Japan and regret forever. My mother is indispensable for me.

I want to say again, “I love you, mom!!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment